Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Being happy with life.

Man what a beat down of a weekend. My baby girl came down with some mild to bad cold slash virus, by that I mean it started out looking like a cold and ended up looking like the flu, on Saturday and basically I have been on her since. No sleep, well about 7 hours over 3 days. Makes you on edge. I have been downing caffinated beverages to keep me going. To top it off I had my first test last night. Couldn't really study for it because of caring for the family. But I feel okay with what I did. Its not like I haven't been in a tough history class before. So whats that got to do with being happy?

No matter what time I spend with my daughter, sick or otherwise, its a happy time. I know I will not get to spend days like that with her all the time so it make me happy to be with her. Especially when she needs it most. I like the fact she likes to hang out with others, but when she feels like crap, its mommy and daddy that make her feel the best. Still it breaks the heart to see your child suffer. But its part of the growing process.

I went to chill with my friend last night after class cause I drank a big ass coffee to keep me up throught my test. Mistake, maybe. It all depends on how I did on the test. But I digress, my firend was happy cause he and this other dude kooked up to play some metal. THey had never play together before and they minced no words. Dude came over, plugged in his amp and my guy got on his drums and they let er rip. See they both are in bands that play regular gigs, but the other band mates dont like metal. WTF? How can you not like metal? Anyway like they say, you can play something you don't like, but you can tell you dont like it cause you dont play it like you like it. Get it? Anyway they shredded it and it was cool to see it click. Drimmer fed the groove and guitar guy would play the chords, FAST. The kid is good. So I can wait to see them put it together with this other cat and play it somewhere. Fun stuff. And it makes them happy.

Alright amigos, be good and do good works.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if it ain't metal it ain't good, haha


Ralph