Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Thinkins about some history...

Alright there are some interesting points in todays past...in 1800 DC became the nations capital. Thats cool. I mean I like DC and all, but i wouldn't live there. My wife and I were watching House Hunters one night and there was this couple trying to move from the beach in South Carolina to DC because they wanted to be near diversity. WTF? WHY? You were living on the beach in SC baby. You gave that up for the DC suburbs?

Today we got Edvard Munch. Who? The guy that painted this beaut. I love The Scream. Classic. It sucked when this painting was stolen a few years back. I think it was recovered. ANyway I am just shooting off at the keyboard here. This damn thing could still be missing and I wouldn't have a clue.

1899- the wooden golf tee was invented. Big whoop. You can tell I aint no golfer. And I will tell you why. I watched Tin Cup and got all inspired and shit. So I go to my local driving range grab a basket of balls and a 7 iron and start whacking the hell out of balls. Want to know what happened? I damn near threw my back out. That golf shit is for the birds. I will stick to flyfishing.

This is cool, in 1925 the first motel, the Motel Inn, opened in San Luis Obispo, CA. Just think if this didn't happen, where would we be? Would they have made Psycho? Was that a hotel? Its all so confusing....

Shwing shwing...get shopping people...

No comments: