Friday, June 20, 2008

I gots some international flava!

Alright peeps from around the world. My little map up there is showin me I get hits from all over. What up South Africa? What up Europe? Sorry to lump all you Europeans together, I know you are all adamant about your independence, but to us lumps across the pond, you are just Europe to us. Its a good thing you put that EU thing together, it just cuts down on confusion. Or adds to it. Depends on where you stand I guess. Either way since its summer again, I want to bring back the food idea of the week. Its summer, time to eat food and enjoy the simple pleasures in life.

First, we grill. We grill a bunch of stuff other than cows, pigs, chickens. Somewhere along the way, even before I met my wife, I decided that beef didn't digest to well in my system. I would eat a steak or a burger and that shit would sit in me like a rock. Eventually it grossed me out. Hey some of you can eat iron and shit bullets. Thats great, it just aint me. So I keep my meat to turkey and seafood. We don't miss much in the way of traditional food, you know the burgers, dogs, kabobs, and all that jazz. So here is a favorite of our household for you.

This come from Rob Rainford. Who? If you don't know, I ain't telling you. Catch his show, you will not be disappointed. This turkey burger works good on a bun or in a pita. Left overs in a wrap kick ass for a Monday lunch.

Turkey Burgers

  • 1 lb. ground turkey
  • 1 tbsp curry powder (15ml)
  • 3 x green onions, finely chopped
  • 1 x garlic clove, finely chopped
  • 2 tsp grated ginger (10ml)
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon (15ml)
  • 1/2 tbsp all spice (7.5ml)
  • 1/2 tbsp coriander (7.5ml)
  • Salt to taste
  • 1 x large egg, beaten
  • 1/4 cup bread crumbs (60ml)
  • 1/3 cup silvered almonds, optional (75ml)
Directions:

Turkey Burgers

  1. Preheat grill to 375°F/190°C or medium high heat.
  2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. With cold-water dampened hands, shape into a 4, ¾ -inch thick patties. Place on tray. Cover and refrigerate until ready to grill.
  3. Lightly oil the grate and grill each burger for 6 minutes per side, or until entirely cooked through. Serve as a sandwich in pita, bread or on a burger bun garnishing if desired with tomato, onion, lettuce and yogurt.

Then to balance it out, get a big pile of greasy fries and some cold beer. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You want expensive watches, I want an outdoor set up like that man has!

*♥* Heather *♥* said...

we love turkey burgers here and that sounds so yummy!! will have to give it a try!!

A cold beer sounds so good lol at 6:45 am ROFL
Have a wonderful day stranger ;)
Heather