Monday, June 9, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.


Yes Yes, I have finally gone and see the latest and greatest from the Lucas Speilberg collaboration. What can I say? I loved it. Was it the best movie in the series? Probably not. Did it grab me like Raiders? No. But it did grab me. I enjoyed the whole film from start to finish. The action sequence in the middle of the film was kind of drug out, but other than that no complaints. There were so many little things to pick up on, I can't wait to buy this film and watch it about 50 times. There was so much of Lucas packed in this film. The opening sequence with that Ford coupe, that car looked a lot like that yellow ride in American Graffiti. Lucas grew up cruising the strip. He thought he was going to race cars until a bad accident when he was 18. Good thing huh? Or when Indy declared "I like Ike!". It was true to the time of 1957.

So there were two other people in this flick I had to reserve my opinion on. Cate Blanchett and Shia Labeouf.. Well I really had no reservations about Cate. She is always a performer. And a looker too. Now I was never that big on Shia. Why? I can not put my finger on it. It sure isn't his body of work. I dug Transformers. What turned me around about the kid was The Greatest Game Ever Played, which you should watch with the US Open right around the corner. Now for his role in Indy 4, well at first I was not down with him being Indy's kid, but it fits. He pulled the role off great. So kudos to Speilberg for finding this kid. As for turning the franchise over to him, I think that would be a good idea. Another movie for him and Ford to pass the torch and who knows how many cameos Ford can do after that? Dude will be around forever.

All in all I loved it. I liked the attention to detail of the 50's. I liked the story. I liked the characters and the fact the original characters are still the same. And hat tip to Karen Allen for keeping herself together. Girl looks good for her age. And the alien aspect of the story isn't that far fetched people. At all. Dig? Alright thats about I got to say about that. Go see it.

1 comment:

*♥* Heather *♥* said...

Dave and I cant wait to see this either. but we will have to wait until it comes out on dvd lol Thanks for the review i was wandering how good it was
Heather