Friday, November 30, 2007

Glancing at history for today...

I always read this day in history at a couple of sites. I don't know why, I guess its just part of my nature. Sometime I write about 3 or 4 things that happened, sometimes just one. Because that one thing is so freakin important that is all you really need to know. Well today I just want to mention one thing that I hold as important. In 1835, Samuel Langhorne Clemens was born. He wrote "Tom Sawyer" and "Huckleberry Finn" under the name Mark Twain. Thats right. Mark freakin Twain. You could make the argument that he was and still is the best American writer so far to fall in to our countries history.

Check out the wiki entry on MT, which aint all bad.

Also here

And I will leave you with this quote from Twain about nations- "Nations do not think, they only feel. They get their feelings at second hand through their temperaments, not their brains." - How good is that. You can find an excellent source for Twain quotes here.

No comments: