Thursday, November 15, 2007

A little wit goes along way...


It is the birthday of the stock market ticker. I love how the old school tickers look. That thing would be cool as hell sitting on my desk. Even better if it worked. Now its all digital and just runs on screen looking like the espn sports line. I hate that little line at the bottom of the screen. That shit is burning a permanent line in my plasma tv. Then my movies look like crap. Everything moves in cycles right? Let the ticker make a come back. At least you know your broker will actually have to work to read this damn thing....

Other highlights for the day include Pike seeing a peak in Colorado, Brazil chunking a king out on his ass, and the Soviets wants to get into a missile target shooting match with the US. That does sound fun.

The King, Richard Petty drove in his final race in 1992 and ended a 35 year career. There are plenty of records in sports that will be tough to beat: Lou's 56, Favre's yet to be decided touchdown passes, The Great One's 215. But I think all those record will fall eventually. I really don't think any driver will ever pass Petty's 200 victories. No current driver has more than 100.

Big ups to Georgia O'Keeffe for being born today. Here is a good link to a gallery of her art.

1 comment:

butterfly said...

i *heart* georgia o'keefe.