Tuesday, February 12, 2008

You ever hear of good little history?

Me either. But thats not to say we can't make something like that up. Stop it. You are crushing my dreams and aspirations. Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I am angry.

Ok Ok thats over with. Here in Maryland today, we got primaries. Get out and vote. Vote and get fired up about it. A good way to find out who the dumbass in your office is about voting is to ask where there polling place is. If you ask the question 3 times and get 3 straight "huh?"'s, you know you can run smack to that person. Get some. If you are wondering who I am voting for, I will tell you it's BO. I have been watching The Hill for years gearing up for this run and I have to say she failed to inspire me. With The Hill, I think I was more for the idea of a viable woman candidate. Can she do the job, I think so, but I want Obama. And thats just where I am with it.

Alright, back to the original subject with this post. Little history, kinda like little Italy, but then again no. So here is some little history...in 1733 Savannah, GA was founded. And what a town it is. If you have never been there, make a date. River Street is a party. There is good live jazz in a couple of spots, killa food and all the kooky weirdness you saw in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. I lived there for 2 years and consider some of the best times I had.

In 1909 we got the NAACP. I know you may think thats pretty good, but not big. I think we can all agree it was a good thing, Stewart style, but not big like MLK marching on Washington. So its something I call little history.

1924, President Coolidge make the first speech by a president on the radio. Big history, hell no. Like who cares today in this world of mobile digital HD broadband wireless gadgetry? Just some little presidential history for you...

And James Cash Penney died this day in 1971. You know they closed all the J.C. Penney's around the country for half a day to honor him. Think that would happen today?

So there is some little history for you. Feel free to throw it around.

No comments: