Friday, January 4, 2008

Damn dem horses can run...

First let me say that as I sit a browse metal songs at work today, I must say there are songs that todays bands need to leave alone. Take Killswitch Engage's remake of Dio's Holy Diver. Did you really need to remake that one? I know there are purists out there and I don't consider myself one, I know there are purists that are hatin on that song. Its like that remake of "Land of COnfusion" by Genesis. I was a high school alcoholic when that came out in the 80's and thought it was good enough to remember. You know for the memories! But that remake was alirght, I liked the heavy chords in the chorus, but think the extra toms in it are out of place. I don't know. I can't even play a fuckin instrument so I guess I should just listen to the shit and be happy. Fuck it you know?

Anywho I want to get down to the Iowa primaries. I know that is a big ass change of pace from that opening words, but I am a political junkie and that shit last night was like crack. I found myself reading updates on my phone in bed last night trying to soak up all the coverage I can. There are a few things that I want to point out that i think are damn curious. First how fucking awesome is it a black man won that shit? How fucking crazy is it the Hill came in 3rd. After all that money, all that planning, dragging out the big dog for effect and she couldn't even get by Edwards. I tell you its that populist message that Edwards, Huck, and BO are towing that will win. That message is what the people want to hear. While I am not completely surprised the Hill got trampled, I am surprised that BO won it. I would have bet on Edwards. But lets look at BO. Dude is a rockstar. He has that kind of mojo. People showing up on the campaign trail screaming like the fucking Beatles had just invaded or Elvis was back in the building. Rock Star. I started keeping up with all these preznit wannabes since day one and BO has always drawn numbers. In the same towns where 500 would show for the Hill or ED, 3000 would turn out for BO. People want to see this guy. Then he stumps em with that "pump you up" speech and your ass is hooked. You are then on the BO wagon. Sucks for the Hill. Doesn't she seem tired? I mean you can tell she wants it, but being in the public light since last century has taken its toll. Besides if she was elected preznit, someone named Clinton or Bush will have been POTUS since 1988. And that aint right. We need some freshy freshy up in the White House.

And then there is the Repubs. Huck got them evangelic types out to the booth. Hey make no mistake about it, those extremely religious evans made him the winner. They were the only group on the GOP side that cared to show up. The surprise to me was Fred fuckin Thompson got 13% of the vote. Why? Cause John McCain got the same percentage of voters. What the hell is going on that Freddy did enough to deserve that. Wake up GOP? This is why your party is sucking wind. Straighten up and fly straight you dopes. Poor Ron Paul. Dude, change tack and keep going. You will do better in the smaller states. RP is someone I can get down with. I wish more Repubs could. All in all these cats are doomed. It does not matter what they say or do cause they are fucked by that cowboy ridin the title of POTUS into the White House lawn. Oh well. Maybe a decade or two in the minority will teach them as a party how to not fuck over the American public. It's the numbers that don't lie. Repubs increase there turn out from something like 87000 to 125000. While nice and it shows there was some hype about Repubs, the Dems got over 200,000 to come out and cast ballots. Indy vote went way Dem and until that chages, those GOP toadies aint winnin shit. The Dems got a huge amount of younger voters, moms, and Latinos votin for em. That will give them the White House, no matter how much election funny business goes on.

Alright kiddies, those are just some of my thoughts on last nights POTUS 08 kick off. We will talk more about this shit as the year unfolds, so start formulating those sarcastic comments and whatnot. While important, it aint that historic. That moment on this day goes to SOTH Nancy Pelosi. She was sworn in in that phat purple dress back on this day in 07. To date she is the most powerful woman in American politics. Now get out of here and have a good weekend.

Peace...

4 comments:

butterfly said...

aloha mr. wit~

i agree with much of this blog you just wrote.

firstly, i'm very iffy about anyone redoing any songs anyway...especially ones that don't need to be redone. i'm not into metal at all, but in any genre, you just don't "go there". i could count on one hand remakes of songs that i actually thought were "decent"...none ever "better".

secondly, yah....the iowa carcussasses. (sorry). i was very surprised about BO. i am not surprised about hillary getting knocked out of the water. fact is not enough people are willing to take a step "back" and even though she would be the first woman president, she wouldn't be the best first woman president in my eyes. i'm going to take a huge leap here and say that my prediction for who will be sworn in as pres will be BO. just see it coming, which in all honesty, i would be happy with. my man RP though.....i'm still rooting for him all the way....the only time i will switch will be to BO at the last second before votiing if RP doesn't stand a chance.

happy weekend!

butterfly said...

p.s.....damn these sweettarts! i was doing sooooooooo good staying away from them for almost 3 months...then WHAP...my dummass decides to stop on the way back from lunch. i've almost made it through this roll....i can already feel the shakes setting in for more. LOL

Anonymous said...

Here is my take on the situation: This morning,Hillary is tickled shitless from what went down last night.I think that her strategy is working according to plan.Is this country more ready for a woman president or a president of color? I think Hillary is banking on the former.I can't vote for either in a primary, but I can in the general election.I will hear all platforms and vote for the candidate that best represents the direction that I want this country to go in.After all,it is still,one person-one vote!

Historical Wit said...

Don't even get me started on those damn sweettarts. I was over to a friends house last night and he had a bunch of the 3 packs of sweettarts he didn't want. I just ate the last of them after lunch. Got the shakes now...

And the Hill aint tickled with this outcome. If she would have bee 3 points away from BO and 5 points ahead of Ed, then she would have been happy. Ed and BO have a message that will be widely accepted more in the up coming states. The Hill will rebound in the bigger states tho. It aint over. My horse from the git was Ed, but I don't think he has the pop that BO has. BO is a rock star. He got buzz.

Good day yall.