Thursday, October 18, 2007

I have been tagged!!!

Alright, I got the tag from Oceanshaman the other day and I am finally getting round to posting this up. Below is the task...

5 things you want to be when you grow up. Big dreams that seem like folly, but in your heart of hearts are very real and dear to you. Things that maybe you have forgotten about in the ebb and flow and toil of the everyday, but that never really leave your soul. What you would do if anything at all at all was possible. Spend some time day dreaming…and then post them on your blog, passing the idea along to 5 others..because sometimes we need to pause and remember our dreams, hey? Maybe just saying it out loud will help you discover even little ways you can make them happen. You can write about that, too.

1. I want to write something memorable. You know something like "I think therefore I am." or "Transformers: more than meets the eye." Hell I would settle for that. Does this mean I want to be a celebrated author, not really. I guess a professor would be the right choice of words. I guess the ultimate end goal here is I want a phd. You know, Dr. Historical Wit.

2. Learn the art of flyfishing. All of it. Always had a thing for flyfishing. Always will. So I been on the path to fishing enlightenment since I was a kid.

3. Another dream I have had since I was about 12 was to own 10% of IBM stock. I know that sounds pretty lame, but I heard that once when I was 12 and it stuck. If I owned 10% of IBM stock, I could do what I wanted.

4. I want to be a pilot. Not any of that 747 crap either. I am talking P-51 mustangs. Piston driven power. If I was of age in WWI, I would have tried to get into that, even WWII, Korea, but after that probably not. Today, if I could be a cropduster, I'd do it. But I read that is a dying industry, so not much incentive to pursue that, but if money wasn't an issue....

5. This is something I always wanted to do and am on my way to accomplishing that. I wanted to start a family and grow it up right. Something that my pops couldn't do. Twice, maybe three times. It will take time, but I got that in spades.

So those are my goals, my aspirations. The things I wish I could do and the things I am trying to do.

Unfortunately, I know not of 5 people to pass this onto, so this is what it is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

#'s 1 thru 4 are noble aspirations.But #5 trumps everything.We may be playing at different tables, but you and I have one thing in common.We both hold the Ace of Spades.

♥Redneck•Girl♥ said...

the pilot one shocked me a bit... I know you can do most if not all of those :)
Have a good day
~Heather

butterfly said...

your aspirations are beautiful.