Monday, October 22, 2007

Morning Wit

Greetings and welcome to the work week! Some ballsy shinizzle went down today back in 1797, the first parachute jump was made. Think of that for a hot minute. Would you jump out of a balloon around 3000 feet with 1700's technology? HELL NO!

ANd this gentleman here on the right is Pretty Boy Floyd. So my question to my female readers is he a pretty boy? To me he looks kinda boyish, but I would not consider him pretty. I guess its all gangsta innuendo. Anyway the feds killed his pretty ass on this day in '34.

And back in the day, 1939 to be precise, the first pro football game was played. Brooklyn beat Philly. Philly better get used to it.

But here's the kicker for the day, 1975 - Air Force Technical Sergeant Leonard Matlovich was discharged after publicly declaring his homosexuality. His tombstone reads " "A gay Vietnam Veteran. When I was in the military they gave me a medal for killing two men and a discharge for loving one." I always get a kick out of telling upstanding red ass America they there are gays all through out the military. Watching them shudder and deny deny deny. Well they guys are there, they do the job as well as anyone, and former soldiers like me who served with gay soldiers could give a two shits less about the whole deal. Hell 2 of my best drinking buddies were gay. Life in the military would have been a complete drag with out them. One girl is still in. 15 years and counting. It is a strange dynamic though, hard core christian bible thumpers and gays standing next to each other in ranks.

Have a nice day!

2 comments:

butterfly said...

great post!

and no....he's definitely not a "pretty boy"...maybe in the gangsta/mafia sense.....

Howard said...

Pretty Boy Floyd, as I recall was born in Georgia, but his family is related to The Floyds of the Eastern Shore of Virginia. Just my two cents on the subject.