Thursday, September 20, 2007

Some history action for you....

It was on this day back in 73 that Billie Jean King whump up on Bobby Riggs. Which was a great thing. King did more for women in that one game than most other women did ever. And thats saying something cause there are tons of important women that done many a good thing for the most discriminated against class in history. Yes you read that right. But if you want to argue it, let it fly in the comments...ahhhh how sweet it is to remember that David Bowie had his first chart topper today, "Fame" from his Young Americans album. Bowie is the man. Still is. Love to listen to Bowie still to this day. I think he is one of those timeless musicians. My favorite collaboration is Bowie and Queen on "Under Pressure", especially that drum rip, that shit is hot...And speaking of hot, Sophia Loren was born on this day back in 1934. She's still got it. Watch some Grumpier Old Men. You will be a believer. Watch the outtakes at the end, Matthau had fun...and my final thought on this day back in 79, the first episode of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century aired. I loved that show. I watched it way more than Star Trek. Star Wars was still the king, but Buck was great. That was when a kid could get some good sci fi action. Cap America, Buck, The Hulk, Battle Star Galactica. Good stuff man. Of course now there is the scifi channel and that kicks ass. I still watch Eureka. Check it out when you can. I had to restrain myself from BSG the new stuff is to intense and I don't really have the time to get to involved right now. That shit will run in syndication for decades tho, so I got the time.

2 comments:

o w grant said...

I'm right there with you, Wit. I have the SciFi channel set as my automatic go to station. Friday night's line up is a must in our house.

Howard said...

I remember watching the Billie Jean King vs Bobby Riggs game on TV. It was a very commercial event with each player endorsing a number of products. Bobby Riggs didn't stand a chance as he was an old man pass his prime at that point. I think the next commercial I saw him in he was saying "well, who really wants to be the best women tennis player anyway".