Monday, March 3, 2008

Extreme Houseboats.


Seriously, I could not wait for this to come around again. Back in the 50's and 60's you saw all kinds of cool ass innovation that gave us cars that were boats and houses that could float. It was a kids dream to believe he could drive his car in the lake and motor to his house. Or stepping out and fishing off the deck when you want. Or if you really want to get down to it, program my house to drive around the lake or shore we live near at certain times to fish certain spots at certain times of the morning and evening. I am down with this. I like this model at the top here. It seems perfect for bays and tributaries. Or lakes. Heck with the onslaught of global warming, we all better get used to mobility and adaptation in our everyday living.

Here are some modern solutions to the problems of housing in Amsterdam. The Dutchhave been fighting the sea for land for hundreds of years. With rising seas, that fight will get harder to win, let alone keep what they reclaimed. So floating is an option in countries like Germany where they have great wide rivers to use. Pretty cool designs. Here is a link to a blog with a good article on floating homes.

3 comments:

butterfly said...

hey - please don't think i was speaking of you by any means - you can check my blog 1000 times a day and i wouldn't care. this person i am speaking of is just not a part of my life and is not welcome to lurk around in my blog just to be nosey.....anyway....i deleted that part of my post, i will address her personally if it continues.

happy monday!

butterfly said...

and by the way, this is a cool post. i could dig a houseboat...those designs are pretty fantastic.

BeckEye said...

I've always always always wanted to live on a houseboat. I don't know that I'd enjoy the fishy smell though. Which is also why I never moved in with Britney. *ba-dum-bum*