Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Guinness Holiday!


You know why I love St. Patrick's Day? Because I know spring is never to far behind. Good fishing is right around the corner and soon it will be time to plan the gardening activities for the year. Thats the why, but here is the now. This is the day to get a little crazy. I have been drinking Guinness forever. Since the first time I got my little grubby hands on the stout or draught. Its all good. The stout is one of the best beers to take fishing. It packs a punch and is good to go after it gets a little warm. The draught? Good to drink in a pinch now they offer it in a 11.2 oz bottle. Good to drink at lunch with a good batch of steamed veggies and taters. Got to go all out Irish today. Plus I will venture out in my yard and check out the clover patch for a 4 leafer. I got one in the pages of my copy of Herodotus. I know I know it should be Finnegan's Wake, but that book wrecks me freakin brain. Have you tried to read that shit? Its freakin hard stuff man. I had a friend who got picked up for selling week out west. We wrote each other a couple times when he was in the clink. I ask what he was doing, he told me that he had been reading Finnegan's Wake. It was the only time in his life he could devote the time to understand it. What other book can you think of that you have to wait until your ass land in jail to have the ample amount of time to understand it? Freakin Irish. Plus you can throw down and celebrate your Irish heritage with out fear of being treated like a second class slave. Of course that was 160 years ago, but its hard to let go of that shit. Alright lads, bottums up!

No comments: